27.5.08

Post #3: Somerset, Kentucky

The sleepy little town of Somerset in south central Kentucky has been my home for the last week and half. Winston's (my great friend and fellow adventurer) family is here and has been treating us right. I can honestly say that I have eaten more food in the last week than any other week period in my entire life. I am trying to fatten up before I go to Alaska. We have been doing work around Winton's Grandparent's property and eating 'till our bellies are bulging every dinner and supper (that's how they say lunch and dinner around here). Winston's Grandfather, Ward Correll, is a very wise man and has taken it upon himself to spend time with us and impart us with some of his wisdom. Most of the time the wisdom is imparted on the Croquet court, a game that the Correll's take very seriously. Needless to say, the Correll family has taken me in as their own.

Another reason for the stop-over in Kentucky is that Winston's Grandmother, Mrs. Regina Correll, is very sick. Please keep her and their family in your prayers.

I leave for Alaska one week from today. I am a little nervous, but mostly excited. Once I am there communication will be limited. I will post the address soon so y'all can send me care packages!

Vaya con Dios,

Eric T.

1 comment:

Donna Hires said...

So glad that you are there, my man! Glad that you are experiencing life in this way, and serving the Correll family.
We continue to pray for you!
I love you,
Mom