16.7.08

Post #5: Naknek, Alaska

My feet are on dry land for the first time in nearly a month...and it has been one of the most difficult months of my life. The sleep comes in one or two hour intevals, often choosing between staying up and eating or catching precious minutes of shut eye. We hit the dock for a night, but still have four of five more days on the water before we throw in the towel for the year. So far we have caught 119,000 pounds of Sockeye salmon, a respectcable number, but not great by any means. We are hoping to scrap another 10 or 15 K out of the next few days.

This has been a great experience, but I look forward to its end and to warm weather. Pictures will be coming soon.

Viva la Revolucion,
Eric T.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Eric, glad to hear you are still alive. I was in Tampa this past weekend and stayed with your parents. I slept in your room and slept pretty well. But I do think it is time you got a "bigboy bed" :)
Stay safe and look forward to seeing pictures.

Paul

Kim said...

so great to hear from you! I cant wait to see pictures! Thanks for giving us an update!

Donna Hires said...

We can't wait to have you in warmer weather too! Glad that you will be home soon! Do we ever miss you!
Love you,
Mom

carol raulerson said...

hey my darlin'
i am so glad you are back on solid ground. i've missed you so much and as soon as you get back to fla. you are to come first to mom and dad's and then me and uncle kev, of course you will have to bring erica, cause we miss her too!! how many salmon did you catch, or do you even have a clue?
i can't wait to at least hear your "fishy" voice.
you know how much we love you and you know how much you need to be seen by all of us who love you!!!! come home.
love....aunt carol