1.8.09

c u s c o

I think Cusco is the coolest city I have ever been to. It's beauty is awe inspiring. Sitting up in the Andes at 10,912 feet it takes your breath away, literally. The streets are cobblestone and barely wide enough for a vehicle and the architecture is absolutely stunning. I will have pictures soon.

Being here makes me appreciate being able to travel so much. Sitting out on the stoop of the hotel drinking coffee this morning and watching people from all over the world pass by puts a smile on my face. I am going to have to make some sacrifices to be on the road for so long, but mornings like this make me realize it is all worth it.

"I couldn't have found G-d in the Seminary, he thought, and he looked at the sunrise."

Rejoice in the L-rd always!

3 comments:

Modernism is Dead said...

Very nice refections, although I don't think that your second to last statement reflects the whole of church history. We aren't the first ones who have got it all figured out, we are just as clueless as we find others to be.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just came across your blog, how did you like Peru? I went to Peru a few weeks ago! I was in Ayacucho, Peru for a week. How did you like it?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I never got the chance to go to Cusco or Macchu Picchu :( The pictures look amazing!