24.7.09

p e r u : d a y ?

Where we are staying in Chicama is ridiculous. It may be the coolest hotel I've ever stayed at, no, it definitely is. You can sit in hot tub on the deck and watch the entire wave break down the point. The atmosphere, style, and people here are superb. I feel kind of out of place staying in such luxury in this dusty, small, middle of nowhere town.

I surfed for a few hours yesterday, this wave is fantastic! It needs a good size swell to break right, but was working well yesterday...today, not so much. And a good thing because I was in bed most of the day making frequent trips to el bano. Both ends. My theory of brushing my teeth with the local water to build up immunity just bit the dust. Actually, it is working. I bet I don't get this bug again while I am here. Best to get it out of the way early.

We will stay here for a couple more days before heading back south and to Machu Pichu.

Vaya con Dios!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

nice theory. good luck with that!

Donna Hires said...

So sorry, Bud...My theory...never drink the water! Works for me.
we love you so much and are praying for you constantly. Keep the reports coming. Hope we can talk to you soon. Heading to Gangy's today and then to PG and MGs tomorrow.
love you, dad and mom